One of the high school essay contests nobblesàThis student wins the competition unfairlyàThe rest of the contest participants lose their hope to have justice for all. This sentence is a typical example of one of the cause and effect topics. Everything in the world is interrelated. Our article offers the top-preferred cause and effect essay topics from a variety of academic fields that will help students understand the way everything functions in this world.
GET PROMPT & CHEAP ONLINE HELP
Read the article to the end and think whether the offered information on cause & effect essays is enough to handle English Composition 101 homework assignment independently. Do you have any problems? In case the subject seems complicated, the deadline is tight, or you have problems with citing/referencing sources, professional academic cause-&-effect essay writers are waiting for your orders online to boost the performance of every student!
Cause and Effect Topics: What Does This Assignment Mean?
The definition of a term makes it easier to understand its essence. To choose interesting, relevant cause and effect essay topics, a student should know it is a separate type of academic writing assignment, given by high school & college teachers to see how well the students may explain the causes and effects of some events. The cause-&-effect paper shows how different things depend on each other.
When a patient attends the doctor, they do not start the treatment immediately – the doctor tries to detect the causes why the patient feels bad and analyzes the effects of the illness. After that, it is possible to recommend specific treatment. It is an example of how a student should choose the cause and effect topics.
While many students believe it is much easier to pick a subject on their own without having to write on the subject recommended by a teacher, others realize the truth: it could be much more difficult to choose the theme independently. It requires more efforts such as twice-longer research.
Working on the Cause & Effect Essay Outline: Structure & Components
Before exploring the cause and effect essay topics list, look at the examples of cause-&-effect paper’s outline. It will give a clue what to include in a cause and effect essay. The primary type of an outline is the multiple causal chains; the second outline structure = is known as the “domino effect” among field experts. This type of structure looks the following way:
- Effect 1
- Effect 2
- Effect 3
It means one factor can lead to numerous effects. Example: A powerful earthquake in the Indian Ocean led to the massive tsunami, destruction of several touristic zones, and thousands of deaths. While describing a medical problem such as some kind of disease, it is possible to include multiple effects.
It is the simplest structure. Another type of an outline is for the multiple cause and effect essay topics (many causes = many effects). When it comes to a domino cause-&-effect paper, please consider using the offered template:
- Cause & link 1
- Cause & link 2
- Cause & link 3
- Cause & link 4
- Cause & link 5
It is time to answer the disturbing question, “What are some cause and effect essay topics?”
What is a Good Cause and Effect Topic?
Understanding the requirements of the cause-&-effect paper prompt is the key success factor when it comes to selecting good cause and effect topics. A cause-&-effect paper should attract the reader from the opening line – its title. Keep in mind several basic principles of selecting cause & effect essay topics:
- Define the causes and effects. Take a pen and a separate piece of cause-&-effect paper to write down which ideas you plan to cover and their significance in the community. Highlight the interrelated subjects – it is possible to come up with a single cause for an effect or few.
- Decide on the suitable working for your thoughts. A student may understand the relationship between the subjects, but he/she may have no idea how to express the thoughts in a proper, clear manner.
- Select topics that make sense. Think about various things that may grab reader’s attention by putting yourself in the shoes of the target audience: What might seem interesting to you? Writing about the cause and effect essay topics associated with the school’s popularity or surviving the initial year in college may be okay to grab the attention of your peers.
- Find inspiration! No famous author/poet was able to create masterpieces without inspiration: from the hobby to the love of life. Remember: writing is an art!
BUY CAUSE-&-EFFECT ESSAY
70 Stunning Cause and Effect Essay Topics for Students of Different Academic Levels
“What is a good cause and effect topic?” Students who keep asking this question will discover 80 ideas in the list below. Choose based on the most relevant problems of society.
Cause and effect essay topics for college students
- The way non-profit organizations affect local communities
- Poor quality of water and its role in the healthcare industry
- More baby boomers achieve the retirement age: what’s next?
- People with disabilities: causes & effects of being unable to find a job
- Inadequate sanitation in our society
- The way mobile devices impact the development of business entities
- The correlation between playing violent video games and school behavior
- The effects of severe birth control for the society
- Causes of obesity among the US teens
- Things that make young girls suffer from Anorexia Nervosa
Cause and effect essay topics for middle school
- Causes & effects of living in poverty
- “The root of all evil”: things that lead to homelessness & unemployment
- Bullying in schools & its effects on mental health
- Things that make certain artists the most popular/sold in the world
- “Twilight”: Several causes + effects of its popularity
- Should students of different genders be forced to study separately?
- Why do many students believe school homework is useless?
- Why most of the US students say history is the most boring subject in the curriculum?
- Wearing school uniform: pros & cons
- The way labels like “gifted,” “talented,” or “popular” affect the school students
Cause and effect essay topics for high school
- Growing up with food insecurity: threats to children’s lives
- Ongoing discrimination/racism in schools
- Sexism’s role in the modern society
- Howe to lose/gain popularity in high school?
- What is the impact of the charter schools on the local educational system?
- Do “Pretty Little Liars” have a great impact on the modern students?
- Effects parents of children with ADHD face when they send them to regular public schools
- Remote education has certain perspectives for the future
- Sexual education in schools: Its advantages & disadvantages based on the effects
- Parent involvement in child’s education: causes & effects
Fun cause and effect essay topics
- Causes & effects of making laugh at the band’s drummers
- Turning home pet popular on the web
- Uploading the wrong photograph to personal Instagram
- Causes of “Harry Potter” replacing “Lord of the Rings” and effects of this change
- Do not miss a match – watch it online!
- How to get the benefits from using improved Internet connection (2G vs 4G)?
- Is having many friends on Facebook the guarantee of being famous?
- Things to ease the pain when the phone’s battery gets low outside
- Becoming successful entrepreneur by selling funny stuff
- Things that can make a modern student laughing out loud
Historical cause and effect essay topics
- The effects of colonialism for the world’s history
- Causes and effects of World War II
- World War veterans: the way those terrible events influenced their lives and mental health in particular
- GI Bill (the one that educates soldiers) and its role in the universities of the United States
- Long-lasting effects of the continuous slavery in the United States
- Christianity & Roman Empire
- How did Jewish population change after the events of World War II?
- Why did the Arab Spring start?
- What are the factors of continuous Mexican immigration to the United States?
- Growing interest in feminism in the 1960s vs 1970s
Simple cause and effect essay topics
- Things that make patients burn out
- Factors that can make a popular kid out of the outsider
- Open high school campus: Its benefits
- Things that can make a popular blogger out of an average student
- Why is Google more popular than Yahoo and other search engines?
- Which factors make people (potential buyers) spend a lot of money on shopping?
- How can a mobile app become popular in one week?
- Effects if having no rest in summer
- Coke and Pepsi: Their influence on our health
- Causes that explain why children behaving the way they do and some of the common effects
Compare and contrast essay topics for 6th grade
A compare & contrast essay is similar to cause & effect. Look at the list of possible compare & contrast topics.
- Vegetarians vs non-vegetarians: The effects of war
- Choosing between studying French and studying Spanish
- Various approaches to completing homework assignments
- Democracy or dictatorship: Decision in the better option
- What makes college different from the university?
- How is the culture of the United Kingdom different from the culture of the United States?
- Ancient Rome & Ancient Greece: Their role in history
- The impact of Renaissance and Baroque on modern architecture
- Newton’s ideas of gravity and the ideas offered by Einstein: The way both scientists changed the world
- Choosing between the 5-star and 3-star hotels in Mexico
Have you chosen one of the difficult or easy causes and effect essay topics offered on the list? The next step is writing a draft. It may take some time to conduct research, choose the most credible sources, pick the best ideas, and come up with a powerful essay thesis. Is there a way to overcome troubles with homework? Yes, and the solution is in front of you: just click on the button below to move to the official website of talented, qualified writers and editors who specialize in more than 80 academic subjects. Make your first step on the way to excellent cause-&-effect essay!
Content of this article
- Right topic choice
- Download all topics in
- Purposes of cause and effect essay
Choosing the Right Cause and Effect Topic
The first rule of thumb is, the student should always choose a topic they are familiar with. Choosing a topic, they are familiar with means the student does not have a learning curve to work with. This is to mean the student already has some information on the topic and as such, are not likely to go out of topic on the same. At the same time, they are likely to bring some element of intrigue to their cause and effect essay. The ability to create an interesting cause and effect essay is crucial, given that much of the information is rather factual. It is important the top choice does not hamper the ability of the student to create an interesting piece. Presenting blunt facts is likely to render the readers bored before they complete the paper.
List of topics for cause and effect essays writing
|1||The impacts of alcoholism on marriage|
|2||The impacts of using drugs on education quality|
|3||How drinking affects the ability of the driver to concentrate on the road|
|4||The impact of technology on the health care delivery systems|
|5||How domestic violence affects the children|
|6||How inflation has impacted the poor rural communities|
|7||The impacts of globalization on employment|
|8||The positive and negative impacts of technology on communication|
|9||The impacts of prolonged use computers to the health of the brain|
|10||Music effects on the human body|
|11||Impacts of fast foods on the health of school going children|
|12||Causes of inequality in the American society|
|13||Popularity of the American football at the college level|
|14||Impacts of sports in the society with reference to peace promotion|
|15||Effects of bullying in schools|
|16||How stress affects the level of brain productivity|
|17||How fast foods lead to cancer|
|18||Impacts of taking drugs on the human health|
|19||Impact using smoking marijuana on the health of the lungs|
|20||Impacts of using marijuana for cancer management|
|21||Impacts of alcohol on the nervous system|
|22||Effects of using social media on the younger generation|
|23||How the war in the middle east affects American citizens|
|24||How war in Syria affects the children under five years of Syrian origin|
|25||Cause of divorce|
|26||Impacts of divorce on the children|
|27||Impacts of domestic violence on female children|
|28||Causes of racism in Europe|
|29||Impacts on tsunamis on the local economy|
|30||Impacts of the credit culture in the American society|
|31||impacts of terrorism on tourism in the united states|
|32||Causes terrorism in the Middle East|
|33||What makes a person good or bad in the society|
|34||What were the causes of the second world war|
|35||What were the causes of the first world war|
|36||What were the impacts of the second world war|
|37||What were the impacts of the first world war|
|38||What were the causes of the wars in the middle east|
|39||How does the government influence economic growth in the country|
|40||What are impacts of taking too much water to the human body|
|41||What are impacts of watching too much television as a child|
|42||What are the impacts of playing violent video games on children under the age of 15|
|43||What are impacts of listen to vulgar music on school going children|
|44||What are impacts of driving under the influence of marijuana|
|45||What are impacts of extreme cold on the body|
|46||What are impacts of hydrocarbons on the environment|
|47||What are the impacts of global warming on the productivity level in agriculture|
|48||What are impacts of deforestation on the local climate|
|49||What are impacts of spilling oil at sea|
|50||What are impacts of social networks on actual relationships|
|51||What are the impacts of online dating|
|52||Impacts of pornography|
|53||Effects of home schooling on children|
|54||Influence of Uber on the taxi industry|
|55||Impacts of online marketing|
|56||Impacts of inline shopping|
|57||Impacts of happy relationships on people|
|58||Impacts of violent relationships on people|
|59||Impacts of reading on the brain|
|60||Impacts of taking alcohol on the brain|
|61||Influences of taking prescription drugs on the body|
|62||Impacts of organic food on the human health|
|63||Impacts exposure to bright light on prisoners|
|64||Impacts of loud noises on prisoners|
|65||Impacts of the juvenile system in children|
|66||Impacts of police brutality on community cohesion|
|67||Influence of drug wars on the local families|
|68||Impacts of genetic engineering on food production|
|69||Impacts of genetic engineering human health|
|70||Influences of genetic engineering on pest resistance|
|71||Impacts of globalization on immigration|
|72||Impacts of dishonesty in relationships|
|73||Influences of trust in marriage|
|74||Influences of poverty on the global economy|
|75||Impacts of diseases burden on the economy|
|76||How earthquakes cause tsunamis|
|77||Impacts of earthquakes|
|78||Influence of the internet on children|
|79||Impacts of the civil rights on equality|
|80||Influences of growing up in poverty|
|81||Impacts of growing up in single parent family|
|82||Influence of taking part in sports|
|83||Effects of pollution on human health|
|84||Changes in climate|
|85||Effect of feminist movement on women rights|
|86||Causes of people getting into destructive relationships|
|87||Causes of rebellious children|
|88||Impacts of radiation on the skin|
|89||Causes of growing single parent families|
|90||Impacts of dating married men|
|91||Causes of men being afraid of commitment|
|92||Impacts of abortion on a relationship|
|93||Causes of sibling rivalry|
|94||How education impacts relationships health|
|95||Effects of being a twin|
|96||Causes of tight family relations|
|97||Causes sexual relationships between sisters and brothers|
|98||Causes of homelessness|
|99||Impacts of Syrian immigration|
|100||Impacts poor water quality|
|101||Causes of the rise obese children in the society|
Need more topics? Look here
Purposes of a cause and effect essay
Cause and effect essays are some of the most common pieces, students will be required to write. This are essays that help the students to develop their analytical skills, at the same time, the cause and effect essays help the students to form connections between the different aspects they will find in nature. By definition this is an essay where the student will be required to write about how things happen and results that come up after the initial action has taken place. This means the student has to organize their ideas based on what happens when a set of conditions are right and when an initial action takes place. They then have to connect the initial action, sets actions or conditions to the results come at the end.
For example, a student will be required to answer a prompt requiring them explain what exactly happens to a child’s health that starts smoking cigarettes. This is a crucial element, when it comes to analysis, as the student will have to connect the act of smoking to the health impacts the bad habit will have on the health of the sad child.
Other than making logical connections between information about a cause and the resultant effect, this type of essay also helps the student to make logical conclusions. Making logical conclusions is highly associated with high analytical skills on the part of the student. They are supposed to make the connections, and from the interrelation of the information, make a conclusion. The other aspect associated with cause and effect essays and why they are common in class, is to develop the ability of the student to present information to the readers in a coherent manner. It is one thing to have comprehension skills and another to present the ideas learnt to an audience and a professional tone without bias.