Phyllis Gebauer, a beloved Writers’ Program instructor who taught for the Writers’ Program since 1994, was passionate about providing learning opportunities for those who lack access. When she passed away in 2011, she left the Writers’ Program a generous gift with which to fund this needs-based scholarship program. The Phyllis Gebauer Scholarship in Writing* seeks to acknowledge and foster the talent of promising writers from diverse backgrounds and cultures who might otherwise not have the opportunity to study their craft in a supportive educational environment. Up to six scholars are named annually, and each of the recipients is given the opportunity to enroll in three full-length Writers’ Program courses during a one-year period (the Writers Studio, mentorships, master classes, and 20-week courses are excluded). Courses may be taken either onsite or online but cannot be deferred for any reason.
In order to be considered eligible for the Phyllis Gebauer Scholarship, applicants must have:
- A gross income not to exceed $2500 a month per individual. For households with more than one individual, add 10% for each additional person.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or be an eligible non-citizen with a green card
The following applicants are considered ineligible:
- UCLA Extension employees and their family members or dependents
- MA, MFA, and PhD graduates in Creative Writing, Screenwriting, Literature, or Journalism
- Students currently pursuing a degree in any field
- International students
- Former Writers’ Program Scholarship Recipients
- Former PEN Emerging Voices Fellows
Important information regarding applicants’ FAFSA SAR:
- You are required to submit a copy of the 2018-19 Student Aid Report (SAR) Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with your application (www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- It can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks to get your SAR, so fill out your 2018-19 FAFSA early. SARs will not be accepted after the deadline.
- The SAR is not the same as the FAFSA summary page you receive immediately after submitting your FAFSA application.
Application for the 2018-19 Phyllis Gebauer Scholarship in Writing For questions about the Phyllis Gebauer Scholarship in Writing, contact Cindy Lieberman at (310) 825-9638 or email@example.com.
Отключение - сложный процесс. Это была правда. Банк данных АНБ был сконструирован таким образом, чтобы никогда не оставался без электропитания - в результате случайности или злого умысла.