Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time!
Sales Managers are in charge for supervising sales staff and making sure sales targets are attained. Some of their specific responsibilities include: implementing sales strategies, analyzing market trends, monitoring the competition, recruiting and training employees, and motivating salespeople. Sales Managers are required to collaborate closely with the marketing department in order to increase company revenue.
An example cover letter showcasing this type of assets is presented below.
Dear Mr. Moore:
Success in the world of sales requires perseverance, profit-driven focus, and exceptionally honed interpersonal skills. As an experienced professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and drastically increasing revenues, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Sales Manager.
My experience in securing new customers, analyzing market and competitive trends, negotiating and closing profitable deals, and nurturing beneficial relationships positions me to substantially impact your organization. By leveraging product expertise and keen insight to implement strategic sales and marketing solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision makers and quickly building profitable, lasting partnerships that sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Consistently outperforming corporate sales and revenue goals through the development of aggressive and successful business initiatives and effective sales team leadership, propelling drastic sales revenue increases while minimizing corporate expenses.
- Recruiting, training, and managing top-performing sales teams and coaching staff to achieve goals in alignment with corporate objectives.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, management teams, and peers to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing superior team leadership, communication, and organizational skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer service.
My dedication to creating solid and productive partnerships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with my articulate presentation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit Sillam’s sales team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.